Doctors Initially Misdiagnosed Kylie Minogue's Breast Cancer
Has recently admitted that her fight against cancer is "not over", Kylie Minogue, to everyone's surprise, revealed on United States television that a doctor initially misdiagnosed her cancer, gave her the all clear when she actually had breast cancer. Claimed she had never spoken publicly about the misdiagnosis, the Australian pop princess said she was inspired to speak about it after listening to Ellen DeGeneres and her earlier guest, U.S. presidential hopeful Senator Hillary Clinton, discussed the importance of the early detection of breast cancer.
In an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," which aired Monday, April 7 the singer shared her secret for the first time. "Listen, this is an opportunity for me to say something that I have not said before," so she said. "I was misdiagnosed initially. So my message to all of you and everyone at home is, because someone is in a white coat and using big medical instruments, doesn't necessarily mean they are right. If you have any doubt, go back again."
Minogue did not give further details of the misdiagnosis, the date and how long she went before the second check or if the misdiagnosis occurred in Australia or Britain. She, in fact, simply revealed that the misdiagnosis happened before she embarked on her Showgirl concert tour.
"I was watching the senator before and I back her up 100 per cent that it's in the diagnosis and the early treatment," Minogue admitted. "So yeah, I actually did my Showgirl tour having been for a check and told everything was fine." She continued saying, "I had no intention of saying that today. But with what you were talking about before, I didn't realize it was a subject so close to your heart as well."
Made an appearance on the same episode as Minogue, Sen. Clinton talked with DeGeneres about the importance of early breast cancer detection for women across the globe. DeGeneres herself also revealed she had a mammogram and was given a clean bill of health, however, she found a lump in her breast "a couple of weeks" later and had it removed.
Minogue is in the U.S. promoting her album, "X", which was released in North America last week. The LP is her tenth studio album and her first commercial album release since she was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2005.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked