Doctors Initially Misdiagnosed Kylie Minogue's Breast Cancer
Has recently admitted that her fight against cancer is "not over", Kylie Minogue, to everyone's surprise, revealed on United States television that a doctor initially misdiagnosed her cancer, gave her the all clear when she actually had breast cancer. Claimed she had never spoken publicly about the misdiagnosis, the Australian pop princess said she was inspired to speak about it after listening to Ellen DeGeneres and her earlier guest, U.S. presidential hopeful Senator Hillary Clinton, discussed the importance of the early detection of breast cancer.
In an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," which aired Monday, April 7 the singer shared her secret for the first time. "Listen, this is an opportunity for me to say something that I have not said before," so she said. "I was misdiagnosed initially. So my message to all of you and everyone at home is, because someone is in a white coat and using big medical instruments, doesn't necessarily mean they are right. If you have any doubt, go back again."
Minogue did not give further details of the misdiagnosis, the date and how long she went before the second check or if the misdiagnosis occurred in Australia or Britain. She, in fact, simply revealed that the misdiagnosis happened before she embarked on her Showgirl concert tour.
"I was watching the senator before and I back her up 100 per cent that it's in the diagnosis and the early treatment," Minogue admitted. "So yeah, I actually did my Showgirl tour having been for a check and told everything was fine." She continued saying, "I had no intention of saying that today. But with what you were talking about before, I didn't realize it was a subject so close to your heart as well."
Made an appearance on the same episode as Minogue, Sen. Clinton talked with DeGeneres about the importance of early breast cancer detection for women across the globe. DeGeneres herself also revealed she had a mammogram and was given a clean bill of health, however, she found a lump in her breast "a couple of weeks" later and had it removed.
Minogue is in the U.S. promoting her album, "X", which was released in North America last week. The LP is her tenth studio album and her first commercial album release since she was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2005.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding