Jake Gyllenhaal Offered 'Prince of Persia'?
Following the rebuttal to Orlando Bloom's rumors, a new speculation regarding who will be tackling the top role in the action adventure film "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" surfaces. According to Latino Review, the "Jarhead" actor Jake Gyllenhaal has been offered with the role of Dastan in the Walt Disney Pictures' movie project.
Review claimed that they got the scoop about the co-star of Heath Ledger in "Brokeback Mountain" from multiple Hollywood sources. Despite stating that Gyllenhaal is fit for the role which requires a lot of physical stunts, the site further suggested that it is likely that Disney may not hire the actor since he hurt his ankle earlier. Still, there are no words coming from either Disney or Gyllenhaal's camp regarding the new rumor.
"Sands of Time" is a feature film based on a popular video game of the same title. Set in medieval Persia, the film is said to be the first of three. It will be directed by "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" helmer Mike Newell and produced by "Pirates of the Caribbean" filmmaker Jerry Bruckheimer.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring