Kate Beckinsale and Drew Barrymore Tapped for 'Fine'
Two Hollywood actresses Kate Beckinsale and Drew Barrymore are going to showcase their acting skills in a new movie project for Miramax Films entitled "Everybody's Fine". According to Variety, both Beckinsale and Barrymore will be joining other cast members, Robert De Niro and Sam Rockwell in the dramedy.
Though the two have been signed to star in the project, what characters they will be portraying in the film that set De Niro as a widower have yet to be unveiled. Still, it is further noted that the co-star of Hugh Jackman in "Van Helsing" and the "Charlie's Angels" star will be joining the production that is scheduled to begin in Connecticut in late April 2008.
Regarding the film itself, "Fine" is a remake of the Giuseppe Tornatore film "Stanno tutti bene". The film directed and penned by "Nanny McPhee" helmer Kirk Jones tells about the story of a widower who tries to reconnect with his grown children by taking a road trip with them.
Beckinsale, who is famous for her vampire role in "Underworld" series, has appeared in various movies, including "The Aviator", "Click" and "Vacancy". She will next be seen in several upcoming films that include "Winged Creatures" and "Nothing But the Truth". Meanwhile, Barrymore whose rise to stardom came when she was about 7 years old through "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" has starred in many films that cover "50 First Dates" and "Music and Lyrics" among others. In 2008, she will appear in "He's Just Not That Into You" and "Grey Gardens".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story