Cassie's Second Set Aimed for September 2008
Cassie's sophomore effort, one of the long-delayed albums in Hip-Hop field, will finally hit the stores in the third quarter of 2008. Producer P. Diddy said that the not-yet-titled LP will not only be coming this September but will also "catch people off guard".
"That's going to really, really catch people off guard," Diddy told Billboard.com. He also cited that Cassie fits the market demand for younger artist, saying, "There's a huge (cry) out there for a younger Britney Spears, a younger Janet Jackson. Those two great artists have paved the way. She has a single out called 'Official Girl' and Danja produced it, and it is a smash."
Diddy continued that Cassie has grown so much compared to her first album that he felt "she wasn't ready" with. He said, "I think that we threw her into the spotlight without the artist development - that goes on with a lot of new artists. We pulled out, we took our time, we developed her for like, a year-and-a-half. People are just going to see her there and be like, 'Wow, she's really cocooned into a butterfly.'"
Cassie has just finished the promotion of "Step Up 2 the Streets" where she made a cameo and recorded a soundtrack called "Is It You?" for it.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game