Cassie's Second Set Aimed for September 2008
Cassie's sophomore effort, one of the long-delayed albums in Hip-Hop field, will finally hit the stores in the third quarter of 2008. Producer P. Diddy said that the not-yet-titled LP will not only be coming this September but will also "catch people off guard".
"That's going to really, really catch people off guard," Diddy told Billboard.com. He also cited that Cassie fits the market demand for younger artist, saying, "There's a huge (cry) out there for a younger Britney Spears, a younger Janet Jackson. Those two great artists have paved the way. She has a single out called 'Official Girl' and Danja produced it, and it is a smash."
Diddy continued that Cassie has grown so much compared to her first album that he felt "she wasn't ready" with. He said, "I think that we threw her into the spotlight without the artist development - that goes on with a lot of new artists. We pulled out, we took our time, we developed her for like, a year-and-a-half. People are just going to see her there and be like, 'Wow, she's really cocooned into a butterfly.'"
Cassie has just finished the promotion of "Step Up 2 the Streets" where she made a cameo and recorded a soundtrack called "Is It You?" for it.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal