Cassie's Second Set Aimed for September 2008
Cassie's sophomore effort, one of the long-delayed albums in Hip-Hop field, will finally hit the stores in the third quarter of 2008. Producer P. Diddy said that the not-yet-titled LP will not only be coming this September but will also "catch people off guard".
"That's going to really, really catch people off guard," Diddy told Billboard.com. He also cited that Cassie fits the market demand for younger artist, saying, "There's a huge (cry) out there for a younger Britney Spears, a younger Janet Jackson. Those two great artists have paved the way. She has a single out called 'Official Girl' and Danja produced it, and it is a smash."
Diddy continued that Cassie has grown so much compared to her first album that he felt "she wasn't ready" with. He said, "I think that we threw her into the spotlight without the artist development - that goes on with a lot of new artists. We pulled out, we took our time, we developed her for like, a year-and-a-half. People are just going to see her there and be like, 'Wow, she's really cocooned into a butterfly.'"
Cassie has just finished the promotion of "Step Up 2 the Streets" where she made a cameo and recorded a soundtrack called "Is It You?" for it.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?