Rumors of Orlando Bloom Being 'Prince of Persia' Denied
Earlier, the "Pirates of Caribbean" hunk Orlando Bloom has been hit with rumors stating that he has been tapped to star in the forthcoming "Prince of Persia" trilogy. However, the speculations apparently held no truth at all as they were quickly being slammed down by Walt Disney Pictures.
It is explained in the latest reports regarding the rumors that when asked for the confirmation about the circulating gossip, Disney have stated that the story is a false one. According to Cinema Blend, their Disney contact has rejected the casting story stating, "I can assure you that there is absolutely no truth to the rumors that have circulated today with regards to Orlando Bloom."
Prior to the dismissal of the rumors, it was reported that the former boyfriend of actress Kate Bosworth has signed a $40 million deal with the studio to topline the trilogy. Allegedly, the 31-year-old actor has beaten competition from another heartthrob Zac Efron for the leading role.
Based on the popular video game of the same title, "Prince of Persia" trilogy are action adventure fantasy films that is set in medieval Persia which is described to be the mightiest and the most mysterious kingdom on Earth. The first of the trilogy, "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", will be helmed by Mike Newell. Further, the shooting of the first film is expected to start in Morocco in mid-June.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off