Rumors of Orlando Bloom Being 'Prince of Persia' Denied
Earlier, the "Pirates of Caribbean" hunk Orlando Bloom has been hit with rumors stating that he has been tapped to star in the forthcoming "Prince of Persia" trilogy. However, the speculations apparently held no truth at all as they were quickly being slammed down by Walt Disney Pictures.
It is explained in the latest reports regarding the rumors that when asked for the confirmation about the circulating gossip, Disney have stated that the story is a false one. According to Cinema Blend, their Disney contact has rejected the casting story stating, "I can assure you that there is absolutely no truth to the rumors that have circulated today with regards to Orlando Bloom."
Prior to the dismissal of the rumors, it was reported that the former boyfriend of actress Kate Bosworth has signed a $40 million deal with the studio to topline the trilogy. Allegedly, the 31-year-old actor has beaten competition from another heartthrob Zac Efron for the leading role.
Based on the popular video game of the same title, "Prince of Persia" trilogy are action adventure fantasy films that is set in medieval Persia which is described to be the mightiest and the most mysterious kingdom on Earth. The first of the trilogy, "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time", will be helmed by Mike Newell. Further, the shooting of the first film is expected to start in Morocco in mid-June.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered