Thandie Newton Becoming Condi, Ioan Gruffudd Takes Blair in 'W'
After actress Elizabeth Banks has been reported to be tackling the role of the forty-third U.S. first lady Laura Bush, it has been said that other casting reports have emerged. According to Hollywood Reporter, "Crash" actress Thandie Newton and the Mister Fantastic depicter in "Fantastic Four" Ioan Gruffudd are in final negotiations to join Banks as the cast members in the forthcoming biopic "W".
Newton reportedly is in final talks to take another important role of the National Security Advisor-turned-Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice, whereas Gruffudd is still arranging the deal to portray the former British prime minister Tony Blair. If the two manage to settle the deals, they will be joining Banks, Josh Brolin, James Cromwell and Ellen Burstyn, who have been cast earlier to be the depicters of the Bush family.
Newton is an acclaimed British actress, who has won a BAFTA award for her role in 2005 Academy Award-winning drama film "Crash". She has appeared in a string of feature films, including "The Chronicles of Riddick", "The Pursuit of Happyness", "Run, Fat Boy, Run" and "Norbit". She will next be seen in Guy Richie's "RocknRolla". Meanwhile, Gruffudd is known for his heroic "Fantastic Four" role co-starring actress Jessica Alba. He has appeared in various films, including "Black Hawk Down" and "King Arthur". His upcoming movie projects include "Fireflies in the Garden" and "The Secret of Moonacre".
More W News
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'