New Kids On The Block Announce Gigs and New Album
As expected, New Kids On The Block's appearance on NBC's "Today" show yesterday (April 4) was to announce a reunion. The boyband who made it big in the late '80s officially launched their reunion along with the announcement of gigs and a new album. They have also confirmed that the 'Kids' moniker won't be changed although they are reaching their 30s.
In relatively the same time, their official site was also launched revealing details of their reunion, concert dates as well as blogs entry from the members. Joey McIntyre wrote, "One fueling the other - The love for each other and the love for the game. 5 players never forgetting where they came from but knowing they could go all the way to the top. Nothings changed; every thing's changed. Long live The Block!"
They are scheduled to perform for the first time in 14 years on The Today Show on May 16 as part of its summer concert series before going to New Jersey the next day to headline the Z100/NY Zootopia. "We've got some new material. We're very exciting. We're going to dance, we're going to sing, we're going to do it all," Donnie Wahlberg said adding that the old songs will also be on their list.
On their new album Wahlberg also revealed that he wrote 80 per cent of their upcoming album with McIntyre and Jordan Knight. "I had no interest going out on a nostalgia tour and singing the same material," Wahlberg continued.
Rumors on their reformation erupted in January this year when People.com exclusively leaked out the information. "We weren't going to announce this yet, but the story leaked on People.com," said Wahlberg said. "We thought we'd better come out and let them know it's official."
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture