New Kids On The Block Announce Gigs and New Album
As expected, New Kids On The Block's appearance on NBC's "Today" show yesterday (April 4) was to announce a reunion. The boyband who made it big in the late '80s officially launched their reunion along with the announcement of gigs and a new album. They have also confirmed that the 'Kids' moniker won't be changed although they are reaching their 30s.
In relatively the same time, their official site was also launched revealing details of their reunion, concert dates as well as blogs entry from the members. Joey McIntyre wrote, "One fueling the other - The love for each other and the love for the game. 5 players never forgetting where they came from but knowing they could go all the way to the top. Nothings changed; every thing's changed. Long live The Block!"
They are scheduled to perform for the first time in 14 years on The Today Show on May 16 as part of its summer concert series before going to New Jersey the next day to headline the Z100/NY Zootopia. "We've got some new material. We're very exciting. We're going to dance, we're going to sing, we're going to do it all," Donnie Wahlberg said adding that the old songs will also be on their list.
On their new album Wahlberg also revealed that he wrote 80 per cent of their upcoming album with McIntyre and Jordan Knight. "I had no interest going out on a nostalgia tour and singing the same material," Wahlberg continued.
Rumors on their reformation erupted in January this year when People.com exclusively leaked out the information. "We weren't going to announce this yet, but the story leaked on People.com," said Wahlberg said. "We thought we'd better come out and let them know it's official."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March