Naomi Campbell Arrested at London Airport on Suspicion of Assaulting Police Officer
Naomi Campbell was arrested Thursday afternoon, April 3 for investigation of assaulting a police officer at London's Heathrow Airport, it has been reported. The supermodel was arrested at Heathrow Airport's newly-opened Terminal 5 for allegedly spitting at a police officer.
Campbell was flying to Los Angeles for a Thursday memorial service when she discovered one of her carry-on bags was missing. The Sun says cops first tried to calm her down, assured her that they would forward along the luggage to her final destination should it turn up.
Campbell, nevertheless, got temperamental and flew into a rage. She, as reported by the Sun, "began harassing airline staff who called cops as the flight was called and Naomi walked onto the plane. She was still yelling at boarding card staff as she took her seat."
Campbell spat at one of the three officers from the MET's SO18 Aviation security branch who quickly came onto the plane to calm her down. Worse, she even laid into the officer with her fists.
Cops were quickly called to haul Campbell off the plane and she was heard screaming "get off me, leave me alone" before she attacked one officer and was taken away to Heathrow police station. Bags belonging to the model and her entourage were taken from the flight. The altercation resulting in a more than one-hour delay in the flight.
The Metropolitan Police spokesman refused to identify the woman. BAA PLC, the company that runs Heathrow, didn't immediately return calls seeking comment. A Heathrow spokeswoman, elsewhere, simply said "We can confirm that a passenger was removed by police from a BA flight this afternoon."
As for Campbell, she reportedly has been released on police bail. Thus far the BA have still failed to offer any explanation as to why Campbell's bag went missing at Terminal 5.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'