Country Singer Trace Adkins Becoming Grim Reaper in 'American Carol'
The country star Trace Adkins is going to be a ghost in "An American Carol", the satire comedy version of Charles Dickens' classic novel "A Christmas Carol". According to Hollywood Reporter, the 46-year-old singer is going to portray the Spirit of Christmas Future, who is also known as the Grim Reaper.
By playing the Reaper, Adkins will be starring opposite the film's star Kelsey Grammer in the David Zucker's film. His character has been described as the one who help Grammer's character in avoiding a tragic end by using his musical talent. Aside from sharing the screen with Grammer, the "You're Gonna Miss This" hitmaker will also join Jon Voight, Leslie Nielsen and Dennis Hopper, who are set to make cameo appearance in the film.
This film role won't be Adkins' first time experience appearing in the big screen. He has appeared in an indie horror film "Trailer Park of Terror", which is one of the Slamdance Film Festival's entries. Aside from having feature film role, he was also a contestant on "Celebrity Apprentice".
"Carol" is a film co-written and directed by the producer of "Superhero Movie" David Zucker. Reportedly, the filming of the comedy movie has started in Los Angeles. The shooting is set to wrap up on April 15. The release date schedule has yet to be announced.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri