Country Singer Trace Adkins Becoming Grim Reaper in 'American Carol'
The country star Trace Adkins is going to be a ghost in "An American Carol", the satire comedy version of Charles Dickens' classic novel "A Christmas Carol". According to Hollywood Reporter, the 46-year-old singer is going to portray the Spirit of Christmas Future, who is also known as the Grim Reaper.
By playing the Reaper, Adkins will be starring opposite the film's star Kelsey Grammer in the David Zucker's film. His character has been described as the one who help Grammer's character in avoiding a tragic end by using his musical talent. Aside from sharing the screen with Grammer, the "You're Gonna Miss This" hitmaker will also join Jon Voight, Leslie Nielsen and Dennis Hopper, who are set to make cameo appearance in the film.
This film role won't be Adkins' first time experience appearing in the big screen. He has appeared in an indie horror film "Trailer Park of Terror", which is one of the Slamdance Film Festival's entries. Aside from having feature film role, he was also a contestant on "Celebrity Apprentice".
"Carol" is a film co-written and directed by the producer of "Superhero Movie" David Zucker. Reportedly, the filming of the comedy movie has started in Los Angeles. The shooting is set to wrap up on April 15. The release date schedule has yet to be announced.
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date