Rihanna: 'Me and Chris Are Really Best, Best Friends'
Another day, another denial for the much-reported lovers Rihanna and Chris Brown. Still living down persistent rumors that she's dating the R&B singer, the songbird insisted they aren't couple.
Denying the long persistent rumors of a romance, Rihanna spoke to MTV News at the Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, March 29, "I won't say that we're just friends - me and Chris are really best, best friends." She then quickly added, "We both started our careers around the same time. He is one of the only people in the industry ... I trust and hang out with all the time. We are best friends, honestly, like brother and sister. If he was a boyfriend, I would say that."
On the photographs of her getting up close and personal with Chris on some occasions, Rihanna explained, "It's actually funny, because I know the truth when I see a picture, but when they write a note with it, it's so crazy because people read it - of course they say that about a picture. I always try to read things from a fan's perspective. It's so believable, I just give up."
As for Chris, he told the press during the same event, "They keep asking me, 'What's the deal?' I'm like, 'There's no deal. No deal.' We're just friends." On the pics of him and Rihanna which have been all over the net, he said "I think we've got the worst luck with pictures. I think that's the thing."
On her being the subject of media attention concerning her supposed romance with Chris, Rihanna revealed "I want to make my fans happy, but I make my fans happy with my music, and that's what they know me for. When it comes to my personal life, I make those decisions for myself."
More Rihanna News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'