Miley Cyrus Is Young Artist Awards' Leading Young Actress in TV Series
Winning two Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards; Favorite Female Singer and Favorite Television Actress, at its 21st annual awards show Saturday, March 29, Miley Cyrus adds one more nod into her award resume. The teen sensation wins the Leading Young Actress in TV Series category for the 29th Annual Young Artist Awards, besting the likes of Emma Roberts and Jamie Lynn Spears among others.
Her Emmy Award-nominated TV series "Hannah Montana", meanwhile, nabs the Best Family Television Series Award from its heavy contenders; "Life Is Wild", "The Naked Brothers Band", "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide", "Out of Jimmy's Head", "The Winner", and "Zoey 101." Though so, "Hannah Montana" lost the Best Young Ensemble Performance In A TV Series Award to Cartoon Network's "Out of Jimmy Head."
Nickelodeon's television series "Zoey 101" is the other award winner, wins its cast Erin Sanders the Recurring Young Actress nod, whereas NBC's "Heroes" wins one prize only, which is Supporting Young Actress for its star Adair Tishler.
Visit youngartistawards.org for the full award winners from both the TV and Movie categories, all of which were announced Sunday, March 30.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!