Miley Cyrus Is Young Artist Awards' Leading Young Actress in TV Series
Winning two Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards; Favorite Female Singer and Favorite Television Actress, at its 21st annual awards show Saturday, March 29, Miley Cyrus adds one more nod into her award resume. The teen sensation wins the Leading Young Actress in TV Series category for the 29th Annual Young Artist Awards, besting the likes of Emma Roberts and Jamie Lynn Spears among others.
Her Emmy Award-nominated TV series "Hannah Montana", meanwhile, nabs the Best Family Television Series Award from its heavy contenders; "Life Is Wild", "The Naked Brothers Band", "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide", "Out of Jimmy's Head", "The Winner", and "Zoey 101." Though so, "Hannah Montana" lost the Best Young Ensemble Performance In A TV Series Award to Cartoon Network's "Out of Jimmy Head."
Nickelodeon's television series "Zoey 101" is the other award winner, wins its cast Erin Sanders the Recurring Young Actress nod, whereas NBC's "Heroes" wins one prize only, which is Supporting Young Actress for its star Adair Tishler.
Visit youngartistawards.org for the full award winners from both the TV and Movie categories, all of which were announced Sunday, March 30.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West