Mariah Carey Renewing Deal With Universal Music
Mariah Carey has extended her deal with Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) that will continue to publish Carey's catalog and future works for the world. David Renzer, Chairman and CEO of UMPG announced today (April 1) that the company will hold the exclusive and worldwide publishing of the Grammy Award-winning singer's works.
"Mariah Carey is well known for her incredible voice, but we also celebrate her incredible strength as a songwriter and the fact that she has co-written most of her best known songs," Rezner said. "We're honored that she has agreed to renew her working relationship with UMPG and we look forward to continuing to promote her amazing and wonderful body of work globally."
The announcement came two weeks prior the release of Carey's new album "E=MC²" that is due April 15.
Carey is currently serving a series of promotions for the album, including the latest one on BBC 1 Radio that creates a headline. In a phone interview, the radio DJ, Reggie Yates said that she sold over 80 million albums worldwide and Mariah replied, "Is that the right quote? I don't know. I have to ask someone I don't know if that is accurate." The phone line then went dead, whereupon Reggie assumed, "She took 80 million albums as an insult. She is mad cool." Carey has sold around 165 million records worldwide.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts