Animal Rights Group PETA Offers Britney Spears Receptionist Gig
It appears that Britney Spears is working her way up the industry ladder once again after a stomach-turning life. Following her guest starring role on "How I Met Your Mother" which was considered a success, the pop singer receives a new job offer from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The animal rights group, which has often criticized Britney for wearing fur and buying pets from pet stores, has penned an open letter to the star, offering her a gig as a receptionist. In the letter, written on its blog, the president of PETA, Ingrid E. Newkirk, invites Britney to enter into a new relationship with the organization and come on-board as a "virtual receptionist," stating she was impressed with her performance last week on "How I Met Your Mother."
The organization hopes that through working with PETA, Britney can experience the issues "like fur and homeless dogs and cats" first hand. PETA is offering to donate $1,000 to a children's charity, should Britney agrees to work with them.
"We might have criticized you in the past for contributing to the dog overpopulation crisis and wearing real fur, but perhaps now that your own crisis has abated, a new day calls for a new relationship, a new outlook, and a new understanding," Newkirk said in the letter. "It could be for as little as an hour, and you would see - from the inside - why we are so concerned about issues like fur and homeless dogs and cats. As a 'thank you' for your willingness to learn and help, we would donate $1,000 to a children's charity."
The letter, dated March 27, also details in it the tasks Britney should complete as a "virtual receptionist." Read PETA's blog to read the full letter. PETA, in the meantime, has yet to receive any response from Brit's camp.
Britney helps CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" received its highest ratings since it was first premiered in September 2005 with a reported 10.6 million viewers, thanks to her guest starring role as Abby, who works in the doctor's office of Ted, the main character played by Josh Radnor. Her role is described as "sweet and friendly and scattered and a little nerdy - a female Michael Cera."
More Britney Spears News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked