Animal Rights Group PETA Offers Britney Spears Receptionist Gig
It appears that Britney Spears is working her way up the industry ladder once again after a stomach-turning life. Following her guest starring role on "How I Met Your Mother" which was considered a success, the pop singer receives a new job offer from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The animal rights group, which has often criticized Britney for wearing fur and buying pets from pet stores, has penned an open letter to the star, offering her a gig as a receptionist. In the letter, written on its blog, the president of PETA, Ingrid E. Newkirk, invites Britney to enter into a new relationship with the organization and come on-board as a "virtual receptionist," stating she was impressed with her performance last week on "How I Met Your Mother."
The organization hopes that through working with PETA, Britney can experience the issues "like fur and homeless dogs and cats" first hand. PETA is offering to donate $1,000 to a children's charity, should Britney agrees to work with them.
"We might have criticized you in the past for contributing to the dog overpopulation crisis and wearing real fur, but perhaps now that your own crisis has abated, a new day calls for a new relationship, a new outlook, and a new understanding," Newkirk said in the letter. "It could be for as little as an hour, and you would see - from the inside - why we are so concerned about issues like fur and homeless dogs and cats. As a 'thank you' for your willingness to learn and help, we would donate $1,000 to a children's charity."
The letter, dated March 27, also details in it the tasks Britney should complete as a "virtual receptionist." Read PETA's blog to read the full letter. PETA, in the meantime, has yet to receive any response from Brit's camp.
Britney helps CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" received its highest ratings since it was first premiered in September 2005 with a reported 10.6 million viewers, thanks to her guest starring role as Abby, who works in the doctor's office of Ted, the main character played by Josh Radnor. Her role is described as "sweet and friendly and scattered and a little nerdy - a female Michael Cera."
More Britney Spears News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'