'We Break the Dawn', First Single From Michelle Williams
A new joint from Michelle Williams (II), the ex-member of Destiny's Child, has been debuted on People.com yesterday, March 31. The brand new single called "We Break the Dawn" will be the first single off her upcoming album "Unexpected".
"We Break the Dawn" is a synth-infused song that tells about a woman enjoying a time in a club. It was initially set for the second single after "Stop the Car" but the sequence has been turned around since. A music video for "Dawn" has been planned but Williams said that she will premiere it after she completes her role in Broadway's "The Color Purple".
Apt to its title, "Unexpected" sees Williams' departure from gospel records to a more contemporary R 'n' B-oriented album. There will be collaborations from Busta Rhymes and Trey Songz and a production by Stargate.
"Unexpected" is slated to be released in August this year.
Michelle Williams' "We Break the Dawn":
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'