'Friday the 13th' Finds Jason Voorhees in Stuntman
The depicter of serial slasher Jason Voorhees in the horror remake "Friday the 13th" has reportedly been found. According to Bloody-Disgusting, the actor who is credited as Chameleon in "The Hills Have Eyes II", Derek Mears, has been in final negotiations to star as the killer with the trademark of hockey mask.
If he indeed joins the cast of the New Line Cinema's project, he will become the latest actor to star as the machete murderer. Previously, Voorhees has been brought to the screen by many other actors, including Ari Lehman and Ken Kirzinger. Kirzinger has appeared as Voorhees in "Freddy vs Jason".
Earlier, it has been reported that the star of "Supernatural" series Jared Padalecki has been tapped to play the lead character that has yet to be named in the remake film. Directed by Marcus Nispel, the film is set to start its shooting on April 21 in Austin and to scare the moviegoers on Friday, February 13, 2009.
Mears is known for his stunt works in various feature films, including "Blades of Glory", "Zathura" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". He also has had minor role in 2005 horror thriller "Cursed" and several other films. His latest stunt works was in the highly anticipated action adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement