'Friday the 13th' Finds Jason Voorhees in Stuntman
The depicter of serial slasher Jason Voorhees in the horror remake "Friday the 13th" has reportedly been found. According to Bloody-Disgusting, the actor who is credited as Chameleon in "The Hills Have Eyes II", Derek Mears, has been in final negotiations to star as the killer with the trademark of hockey mask.
If he indeed joins the cast of the New Line Cinema's project, he will become the latest actor to star as the machete murderer. Previously, Voorhees has been brought to the screen by many other actors, including Ari Lehman and Ken Kirzinger. Kirzinger has appeared as Voorhees in "Freddy vs Jason".
Earlier, it has been reported that the star of "Supernatural" series Jared Padalecki has been tapped to play the lead character that has yet to be named in the remake film. Directed by Marcus Nispel, the film is set to start its shooting on April 21 in Austin and to scare the moviegoers on Friday, February 13, 2009.
Mears is known for his stunt works in various feature films, including "Blades of Glory", "Zathura" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". He also has had minor role in 2005 horror thriller "Cursed" and several other films. His latest stunt works was in the highly anticipated action adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story