'Friday the 13th' Finds Jason Voorhees in Stuntman
The depicter of serial slasher Jason Voorhees in the horror remake "Friday the 13th" has reportedly been found. According to Bloody-Disgusting, the actor who is credited as Chameleon in "The Hills Have Eyes II", Derek Mears, has been in final negotiations to star as the killer with the trademark of hockey mask.
If he indeed joins the cast of the New Line Cinema's project, he will become the latest actor to star as the machete murderer. Previously, Voorhees has been brought to the screen by many other actors, including Ari Lehman and Ken Kirzinger. Kirzinger has appeared as Voorhees in "Freddy vs Jason".
Earlier, it has been reported that the star of "Supernatural" series Jared Padalecki has been tapped to play the lead character that has yet to be named in the remake film. Directed by Marcus Nispel, the film is set to start its shooting on April 21 in Austin and to scare the moviegoers on Friday, February 13, 2009.
Mears is known for his stunt works in various feature films, including "Blades of Glory", "Zathura" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". He also has had minor role in 2005 horror thriller "Cursed" and several other films. His latest stunt works was in the highly anticipated action adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones