'Friday the 13th' Finds Jason Voorhees in Stuntman
The depicter of serial slasher Jason Voorhees in the horror remake "Friday the 13th" has reportedly been found. According to Bloody-Disgusting, the actor who is credited as Chameleon in "The Hills Have Eyes II", Derek Mears, has been in final negotiations to star as the killer with the trademark of hockey mask.
If he indeed joins the cast of the New Line Cinema's project, he will become the latest actor to star as the machete murderer. Previously, Voorhees has been brought to the screen by many other actors, including Ari Lehman and Ken Kirzinger. Kirzinger has appeared as Voorhees in "Freddy vs Jason".
Earlier, it has been reported that the star of "Supernatural" series Jared Padalecki has been tapped to play the lead character that has yet to be named in the remake film. Directed by Marcus Nispel, the film is set to start its shooting on April 21 in Austin and to scare the moviegoers on Friday, February 13, 2009.
Mears is known for his stunt works in various feature films, including "Blades of Glory", "Zathura" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". He also has had minor role in 2005 horror thriller "Cursed" and several other films. His latest stunt works was in the highly anticipated action adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris