Madonna to Come Back in Big Screen With 'Casablanca' Remake?
Madonna, the star of the Academy Award-winning film "Evita", has reportedly planning to return to the big screen once again. According to reports, the 49-year-old Golden Globes-winning actress for her portrayal of Eva Peron has been considering to resurrect her acting career with a remake project of the 1942 classic movie "Casablanca".
On the reports, a studio source stated, "She is still determined to make it in the movies. She and her representatives have been touting around a project which is a remake of Casablanca." Further, the pop star legend allegedly intends to modernize the film, which originally starred by Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, and by modernizing it, it means that she wants it to be set in Iraq.
Daily Mail reported that a source at a major Hollywood studio said, "She wants to update the story and maybe set it in a modern war zone such as Iraq. There is no script yet. Madonna and her people are testing the waters to see if this is the right vehicle for her and if a major studio will get behind the project."
Further, it was claimed that the wife of director Guy Richie is eyeing to play the leading lady character, Ilsa Lund. The source revealed, "Madonna is talking about taking the Ingrid Bergman role for herself, even though Bergman was in her 20s when she played Ilsa (Lund) and Madonna is nearly 50."
Her plan in remaking the film is not without conviction. The Mail on Sunday claimed that Hollywood executives who consider the original film as the greatest film of all time didn't accept her idea well. A studio source said, "The reception has been lukewarm to say the least. No one can understand why she wants to redo what many people consider the greatest film of all time."
More Madonna News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'