Madonna to Come Back in Big Screen With 'Casablanca' Remake?
Madonna, the star of the Academy Award-winning film "Evita", has reportedly planning to return to the big screen once again. According to reports, the 49-year-old Golden Globes-winning actress for her portrayal of Eva Peron has been considering to resurrect her acting career with a remake project of the 1942 classic movie "Casablanca".
On the reports, a studio source stated, "She is still determined to make it in the movies. She and her representatives have been touting around a project which is a remake of Casablanca." Further, the pop star legend allegedly intends to modernize the film, which originally starred by Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, and by modernizing it, it means that she wants it to be set in Iraq.
Daily Mail reported that a source at a major Hollywood studio said, "She wants to update the story and maybe set it in a modern war zone such as Iraq. There is no script yet. Madonna and her people are testing the waters to see if this is the right vehicle for her and if a major studio will get behind the project."
Further, it was claimed that the wife of director Guy Richie is eyeing to play the leading lady character, Ilsa Lund. The source revealed, "Madonna is talking about taking the Ingrid Bergman role for herself, even though Bergman was in her 20s when she played Ilsa (Lund) and Madonna is nearly 50."
Her plan in remaking the film is not without conviction. The Mail on Sunday claimed that Hollywood executives who consider the original film as the greatest film of all time didn't accept her idea well. A studio source said, "The reception has been lukewarm to say the least. No one can understand why she wants to redo what many people consider the greatest film of all time."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger