Madonna to Come Back in Big Screen With 'Casablanca' Remake?
Madonna, the star of the Academy Award-winning film "Evita", has reportedly planning to return to the big screen once again. According to reports, the 49-year-old Golden Globes-winning actress for her portrayal of Eva Peron has been considering to resurrect her acting career with a remake project of the 1942 classic movie "Casablanca".
On the reports, a studio source stated, "She is still determined to make it in the movies. She and her representatives have been touting around a project which is a remake of Casablanca." Further, the pop star legend allegedly intends to modernize the film, which originally starred by Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, and by modernizing it, it means that she wants it to be set in Iraq.
Daily Mail reported that a source at a major Hollywood studio said, "She wants to update the story and maybe set it in a modern war zone such as Iraq. There is no script yet. Madonna and her people are testing the waters to see if this is the right vehicle for her and if a major studio will get behind the project."
Further, it was claimed that the wife of director Guy Richie is eyeing to play the leading lady character, Ilsa Lund. The source revealed, "Madonna is talking about taking the Ingrid Bergman role for herself, even though Bergman was in her 20s when she played Ilsa (Lund) and Madonna is nearly 50."
Her plan in remaking the film is not without conviction. The Mail on Sunday claimed that Hollywood executives who consider the original film as the greatest film of all time didn't accept her idea well. A studio source said, "The reception has been lukewarm to say the least. No one can understand why she wants to redo what many people consider the greatest film of all time."
More Madonna News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!