Nelly Still Hoping for a Bruce Springsteen Collaboration
Rapper Nelly revealed that he initially wanted rocker Bruce Springsteen aka The Boss to be included on his upcoming album "Brass Knuckles" but was bumped. Speaking on the orange carpet of Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday, March 29, Nelly said that he is still hoping for it.
"I was really trying to get The Boss, but The Boss is all over the world," Nelly told The Associated Press. "It didn't really work out. I know he's interested in doing it. And I'm interested in doing it." He, whoever, would not go further to specify what kind of collaboration that they will do but revealed that people may have heard it by the end of the year. "We still might get a chance to get it off," he added. "We're saving it. We might repackage it for the holidays."
The much-delayed "Brass Knuckles", now due June 24, will spawn "Party People" featuring Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie as the first single. A music video has been booked with director Marc Webb but no release date has been unearthed.
Should he really get a chance to collaborate with Springsteen, this would not be the first time the rapper does an unlikely duet. In 2004 he tied country singer Tim McGraw to sing in his song "Over and Over" that appeared on his album "Suit".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!