'X Factor' Winner Leona Lewis Received 5-Million-Dollar Home from Simon Cowell
Leona Lewis reportedly received a $5 million Los Angeles home from Simon Cowell. The music mogul apparently was in his best giving mood that he decided to give his protege the special present to capitalize on her recent international success.
Lewis, who's the winner of the third series of British television music talent show "The X Factor", is having her single "Bleeding Love" tops the U.S. singles chart this week, making her the first British female artist to reach number one in America for more than 20 years since Kim Wilde's 1987 cover of The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hanging On." Simon perceives Lewis' chart-topping single as the start of her career stateside and thus is buying her a $5 million home in Los Angeles.
"Simon thinks she is absolutely amazing so he wanted to treat her," a source told The People Newspaper. "He's so pleased with how hard she works and what a massive success she's become. Even though Simon is very rich, he's careful with money and doesn't like to waste it."
The source went on adding, "Leona's a homely girl and isn't at all flash so Simon got the idea to buy her something practical she would use. He sees a bright future for her. He thinks she can become a global star like Shirley Bassey or Whitney Houston."
Lewis, in the meantime, is prepping for the release of her album "Spirit" which is set to hit the stores April 8 later this year.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked