Sitcom 'Drake and Josh' Is Kids' 2008 Favorite TV Show
The winners for the 21st annual Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards have been unveiled Saturday, March 29. While teen sensation Miley Cyrus was the queen at the awards show since she won two awards all at once, sitcom "Drake & Josh" was the big winner for the TV categories.
Winning the Favorite TV Show Award, the project arguably upset Cyrus' hit program "Hannah Montana" which was also nominated for the same category. Its main cast Drake Bell, meanwhile, took home the Favorite TV Actor Award with the Favorite TV Actress trophy went to Cyrus.
This year Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, organized by Viacom Inc-owned kids cable channel Nickelodeon, was held at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion and being hosted by comedian Jack Black. He said more than 88 million votes were cast online.
Among the performers during the event were Cyrus and pop band Jonas Brothers who successfully sent thousands of children on hand for the awards show screaming as they performed.
Televised singing competition "American Idol" was the other Nickelodeon TV winner, chosen as the Favorite Reality TV Show, in addition to the animated television series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" which was Kids' Favorite Cartoon.
The complete list of the awards winners is available at nickkcapress.com.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special