Richard Branson Denies Son's Romance with Singer Natalie Imbruglia
Rumors on Natalie Imbruglia dating Sir Richard Branson's son are hoax. The English entrepreneur, best known for his Virgin brand of over 360 companies, has turned down report on his son romancing the Aussie singer, insisted she's just "a close friend of the family."
It was reported earlier this month that Imbruglia, who has just made public her split from hubby Daniel Johns of band Silverchair, already found new love with Richard Branson's son Sam. Speculation of a romance between the twosome arose soon after they were seen canoodling during a bash at London's Kensington Roof Gardens, where the songstress was one of the guests at the ski-themed party to celebrate Sam's planned Arctic expedition.
"They are pretty besotted with each other and Natalie is even talking about meeting him in the Arctic," a witness said at that time.
Richard Branson, nevertheless, denied the romance rumors, insisted that although he would welcome the pop singer in his family, her son, Sam, is not romantically involved with her.
"Sam was very flattered to have his name attached to hers, but he actually already has a girlfriend," Branson told Australian newspaper The Daily Telegraph. "He's known Natalie since he was about 15, she's a close friend of the family, but even if there was a temptation there, he's safe in the Arctic for the next while anyway. Branson added that Imbruglia was aware of the rumors and apparently just laughed it off. "I saw Natalie last week and she was certainly smiling about the whole situation," so he said.
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'