Akon Switching Lane to Country Under Alias
R'n'B star Akon revealed that he has secretly recorded a country album under an alias. The Senegal singer allegedly wants to be the first black artist to ever conquer the music genre that is commonly not associated to African American people.
Akon self-confessed to be a die hard fan of country and western music but is pretty sure that he won't sell the record under his real name. "I'm about to break into a genre that no black artist, writer or producer has ever broken into," Akon said while appearing on The Hook Up at BBC 1Xtra Live. "The funniest part is I'm going in under an alias and I've already got my first hit record."
He added, "I've made a country record. I'm trying to break into that world. I want to set a mark there. There's no where else for me to go. I can't let anyone know my name though."
Earlier this month, it was reported that DJ Clinton Sparks will be releasing a mixtape with Akon titled "Konnected to A Kon". The mixtape, which will be produced entirely by Sparks, will include new exclusive tracks from Akon. No release date has been specified yet.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'