Akon Switching Lane to Country Under Alias
R'n'B star Akon revealed that he has secretly recorded a country album under an alias. The Senegal singer allegedly wants to be the first black artist to ever conquer the music genre that is commonly not associated to African American people.
Akon self-confessed to be a die hard fan of country and western music but is pretty sure that he won't sell the record under his real name. "I'm about to break into a genre that no black artist, writer or producer has ever broken into," Akon said while appearing on The Hook Up at BBC 1Xtra Live. "The funniest part is I'm going in under an alias and I've already got my first hit record."
He added, "I've made a country record. I'm trying to break into that world. I want to set a mark there. There's no where else for me to go. I can't let anyone know my name though."
Earlier this month, it was reported that DJ Clinton Sparks will be releasing a mixtape with Akon titled "Konnected to A Kon". The mixtape, which will be produced entirely by Sparks, will include new exclusive tracks from Akon. No release date has been specified yet.
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction