Akon Switching Lane to Country Under Alias
R'n'B star Akon revealed that he has secretly recorded a country album under an alias. The Senegal singer allegedly wants to be the first black artist to ever conquer the music genre that is commonly not associated to African American people.
Akon self-confessed to be a die hard fan of country and western music but is pretty sure that he won't sell the record under his real name. "I'm about to break into a genre that no black artist, writer or producer has ever broken into," Akon said while appearing on The Hook Up at BBC 1Xtra Live. "The funniest part is I'm going in under an alias and I've already got my first hit record."
He added, "I've made a country record. I'm trying to break into that world. I want to set a mark there. There's no where else for me to go. I can't let anyone know my name though."
Earlier this month, it was reported that DJ Clinton Sparks will be releasing a mixtape with Akon titled "Konnected to A Kon". The mixtape, which will be produced entirely by Sparks, will include new exclusive tracks from Akon. No release date has been specified yet.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week