Timbaland Called His Work With Chris Cornell His 'Best'
Timbaland is really getting a taste of every flavor available in music. The uber producer is crossing the bridge to rock and roll by teaming up with former Audioslave and Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell to work on Cornell's third solo album.
In an interview during Ryan Seacrest's morning radio show, the 'Apologize' remixer revealed that what comes out at the end is indeed his best work yet. "This is the best work I've done in my career," Timbo said, added by Cornell who was also there for the show, "This is the most excited I've been about an album in years. The music is natural, not self-conscious... open."
Cornell himself also opened up about the recording sessions, dubbing it a lot of fun. He said, "This is different from anything I've ever done. I've come from an indie rock world, where, if you have a producer, it's somebody who's not a musician, not a songwriter. He's just someone who twists knobs and can kinda tell you if they think a song is too long or too short or needs to be more aggressive."
Timbo predicts that the album should be out within a month but no release date has been set yet. One thing that he could promise is that "This will be everybody's favorite album of this year."
Some of the new materials have been showcased during the Pre-Grammy party in Los Angeles back in February. Cornell performed a song there accompanied by Timbo and others.
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March
- Sterling K. Brown May Join Shane Black's 'Predator'