Rihanna Aiding Under-Privileged Kids With Concerts
Behind her huge success and glamor lifestyle, Rihanna shed some time to give back to the community through her music. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is holding a mini tour that will raise funds for under-privileged children.
The tour that is dubbed "A Girl's Night Out" is aimed to give the kids the chance to have fun. The first date has been done on Wednesday, March 26 in Chicago and she will appear in San Francisco later tonight (March 28) as well as in New York City on April 9. The proceeds from the concert will go to Believe Foundation that she created back in 2006.
Speaking on the tour Rihanna commented, "When I was young and I would watch television and I would see all the children suffering, I always said when I grow up I want to help. Not long after I was in the position where I could help. I started to visit all these children's hospitals and I have a soft spot for kids. I just want to help and make sure they are happy. They can come to a Rihanna concert or have toys or gifts at Christmas."
The Believe Foundation will provide "everything from medical attention for children who can't afford it, school supplies for children in poorly funded public schools, toys for children who are terminally ill and clothes for children in homeless shelters."
Adding the reason she does the charity, Rihanna said, "As a kid, the thing I hated most was disappointment, so I never want to disappoint kids. I always want to put a smile on their faces. Kids are the future."
More Rihanna News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal