Rihanna Aiding Under-Privileged Kids With Concerts
Behind her huge success and glamor lifestyle, Rihanna shed some time to give back to the community through her music. The "Umbrella" hitmaker is holding a mini tour that will raise funds for under-privileged children.
The tour that is dubbed "A Girl's Night Out" is aimed to give the kids the chance to have fun. The first date has been done on Wednesday, March 26 in Chicago and she will appear in San Francisco later tonight (March 28) as well as in New York City on April 9. The proceeds from the concert will go to Believe Foundation that she created back in 2006.
Speaking on the tour Rihanna commented, "When I was young and I would watch television and I would see all the children suffering, I always said when I grow up I want to help. Not long after I was in the position where I could help. I started to visit all these children's hospitals and I have a soft spot for kids. I just want to help and make sure they are happy. They can come to a Rihanna concert or have toys or gifts at Christmas."
The Believe Foundation will provide "everything from medical attention for children who can't afford it, school supplies for children in poorly funded public schools, toys for children who are terminally ill and clothes for children in homeless shelters."
Adding the reason she does the charity, Rihanna said, "As a kid, the thing I hated most was disappointment, so I never want to disappoint kids. I always want to put a smile on their faces. Kids are the future."
More Rihanna News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'