R 'n' B Singer Alicia Keys Stars in MTV/Dove Micro-TV Series, the Video
R&B singer Alicia Keys turns public relations executive in a new micro-TV series, titled "Fresh Takes," created by Dove Go Fresh, a fragrance collection by Dove. The series, each episode of which lasts just three minutes, is airing in commercial breaks across five weeks during the return of MTV's "The Hills."
"Fresh Takes" follows three girlfriends as they embark on their adult lives, juggling the pressures of being a 20-something woman - career, relationship, beauty, family, love and friends. This premiere is meant to celebrate the launch of the new Dove Go Fresh.
Keys' character Alex is described as fearless, fun and always falling in love. She works at a trendy music PR firm. The songbird headlines the series alongside up-and-coming actresses Desi Lydic, who plays the type-A personality Diane who is focused and ambitious, although her friends urge her to loosen up, and Jessalyn Wanlim who stars as Lizzie, the "lost" friend struggling to find who she is and what she wants to do with her life.
Keys herself said she feels "so excited to be starring in 'Fresh Takes' because it puts the pressures that I deal with every day in a new light and opens my eyes to the reality that I can be successful in many different ways and have every reason to feel beautiful right now."
She, furthermore, added "I hope the series inspires other 20-somethings to get a fresh take on the pressures in their lives and start enjoying the ride."
"Fresh Takes" will broadcast three-minute episodes nationwide over a five-week period at 10 P.M. EST. The micro-series, created and produced by MindShare Entertainment and MTV, will also be available on the Dove Go Fresh's site and on dove.com.
Below is the first episode of "Fresh Takes".
More Alicia Keys News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger