R 'n' B Singer Alicia Keys Stars in MTV/Dove Micro-TV Series, the Video
R&B singer Alicia Keys turns public relations executive in a new micro-TV series, titled "Fresh Takes," created by Dove Go Fresh, a fragrance collection by Dove. The series, each episode of which lasts just three minutes, is airing in commercial breaks across five weeks during the return of MTV's "The Hills."
"Fresh Takes" follows three girlfriends as they embark on their adult lives, juggling the pressures of being a 20-something woman - career, relationship, beauty, family, love and friends. This premiere is meant to celebrate the launch of the new Dove Go Fresh.
Keys' character Alex is described as fearless, fun and always falling in love. She works at a trendy music PR firm. The songbird headlines the series alongside up-and-coming actresses Desi Lydic, who plays the type-A personality Diane who is focused and ambitious, although her friends urge her to loosen up, and Jessalyn Wanlim who stars as Lizzie, the "lost" friend struggling to find who she is and what she wants to do with her life.
Keys herself said she feels "so excited to be starring in 'Fresh Takes' because it puts the pressures that I deal with every day in a new light and opens my eyes to the reality that I can be successful in many different ways and have every reason to feel beautiful right now."
She, furthermore, added "I hope the series inspires other 20-somethings to get a fresh take on the pressures in their lives and start enjoying the ride."
"Fresh Takes" will broadcast three-minute episodes nationwide over a five-week period at 10 P.M. EST. The micro-series, created and produced by MindShare Entertainment and MTV, will also be available on the Dove Go Fresh's site and on dove.com.
Below is the first episode of "Fresh Takes".
More Alicia Keys News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny