Lil Wayne's 'Lollipop' Made a Huge Leap on Singles Chart
Lil Wayne makes the greatest leap this year with his new single "Lollipop" that features the late rapper Major Static. The first single off the rapper's upcoming album, "Tha Carter III", made a huge leap from #85 straight to #9 on Billboard Hot 100 chart. "Lollipop" also takes in #2 on Hot Digital Songs chart by being hit with 143,000 downloads.
On the singles chart this week however, the highlight is focused on British singer Leona Lewis who scores her first U.S. #1 with her hit "Bleeding Love". The single was placed #8 last week but has gone straight to the top place in its sixth week. With the position, Lewis is therefore named the first female artist to have her debut single reaching #1 since Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie did it in 2006 with "London Bridge".
With "Bleeding Love" taking the top spot, Usher's "Love in This Club" that also had a huge jump to No. 1 earlier this month, slips to #2 followed by Ray J's "Sexy Can I" feat. Yung Berg. Last week's runner-up Chris Brown's "With You" is down two places to #4 while Sara Bareilles' "Love Song" slips 4-5.
Retaining its position at #6 is Jordin Sparks' "No Air" that features Brown. Flo Rida's "Low" meanwhile continues to go downwards, slipping from #3 to #7, just one place ahead of Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music". Taking in the last place of the top ten singles is Lil Mama's "Shawty Get Loose" that sat at #19 last week.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert