Gandalf Might Not Be Resurrected in 'Hobbit' Without Ian McKellen?
As English actor Ian McKellen expressed his wish to reprise his role as the wise wizard character Gandalf in the upcoming "The Hobbit", it is unveiled that the character made famous by the 68-year-old actor in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy may not be resurrected without him. In an earlier interview, the actor who has also appeared in "X-Men" series let out that the film producers want him to portray the character once again.
On the matter, the "Stardust" narrator explained, "Encouragingly, ['LOTR' director] Peter [Jackson] and [co-writer] Fran Walsh have told me they couldn't imagine 'The Hobbit' without their original Gandalf." However, on the conflicting side, the actor who has been dubbed as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his work and contributions to the theater revealed that he has yet to be called by the adventure fantasy helmer Guillermo del Toro. "Their confidence hasn't yet been confirmed by the director Guillermo Del Toro but I am keeping my diary free for 2009!" said McKellen positively.
On "Hobbit" updates, previously it has been reported that though many reports have claimed Del Toro has joined into the project, the acclaimed director himself revealed that he is still negotiating to tackle the latest J.R.R. Tolkien's adaptation project. "At this stage anything I say is of no consequence for I am not yet signed to do 'The Hobbit'," he explained at the time. "Negotiations advance but are still ongoing."
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'