Soul Singer Joss Stone Put Aside Music for Lesbian Movie Role
Acclaimed British soul singer Joss Stone is said to swap her music career for a brief moment to take the chance of playing a lesbian. According to The Sun, the 20-year-old Grammy Award-winning singer have been signed in to star in a British comedy "Snappers".
In the film, the "Tell Me 'Bout It" singer has been set to portray Stephanie, the lesbian campsite entertainment manager. It was further explained that by playing the character, she would have a "long, lingering French kiss" with another woman. It is still unclear though who will be playing her partner in the raunchy scene. Meanwhile, on landing the character, Stone commented, "There are things that are going to really push the boundaries and that excites me!"
Though this role wouldn't be Stone's first appearance in the big screen, it would definitely be her first major feature film character. Previously, she has appeared as Angela, the witch in action fantasy "Eragon". Back in 2005, the singer has also landed a guest star role in television drama series "American Dreams".
"Snappers" follows the story of Tina, an actress who leaves her hotel and stays at a caravan park to avoid the paparazzi while filming her new movie. Her life then becomes complicated as she is involved romantically to Kevin, the intellectually-challenged caravan site owner. The romantic comedy film for Devon Films has been set to make its premiere on being held on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at English Riviera International Comedy Film Festival.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'