Kimora Lee Simmons Officially Filed for Divorce from Russell Simmons
The next couple in the celebrity divorce lane are Kimora Lee Simmons and her estranged husband Russell Simmons. The designer and reality TV star has on Tuesday, March 25 filed for divorce from the record producer, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
The filing of the divorce petition occurred two years after she and Russell publicly called it quits. Date of the pair's separation, as stated in the legal papers, was March 2006.
Kimora asks for legal and physical custody of the couple's two daughters, Ming Lee and Aoki Lee. She requests that Russell be granted "reasonable child visitation ... accompanied at all times by the children's nanny and security personnel."
By the time of their initial separation in 2006, Russell said in a statement, "Kimora and I will remain committed parents and caring friends with great love and admiration for each other" adding that "We will also continue to work side by side on a daily basis as partners in all of our businesses."
Despite their separation, both Kimora and Russell have both had new lovers. She's dating actor Djimon Hounsou and he's dating model and yoga buddie Porschla Coleman.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna