'Spider-Man' Star Tobey Maguire to Tackle 'Afterburn'
The actor who portrayed Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man in the "Spider-Man" series Tobey Maguire has been reported to be tackling another comic book adaptation project, but this time he will take a role behind the camera. According to Variety, the 32-year-old actor has been attached as a producer to "Afterburn".
Allegedly, the star of "The Cider House Rules" will co-produce the sci-fi adventure film through his Maguire Entertainment shingle. Hollywood Reporter further claimed that in producing the movie, Maguire will team up with Neal Moritz of Original Films production house. The movie news site also reported that scribblers for the adaptation have yet being listed.
Based on Red 5 Comics written by Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood, "Afterburn" follows the story of a band of treasure hunters as they faced rival hunters, mutants and pirates to obtain valuable artifacts, including the Mona Lisa, the Rosetta Stone and the Crown Jewels. The story is set a year following the destruction of Eastern Hemisphere by a massive solar flare.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board