'Spider-Man' Star Tobey Maguire to Tackle 'Afterburn'
The actor who portrayed Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man in the "Spider-Man" series Tobey Maguire has been reported to be tackling another comic book adaptation project, but this time he will take a role behind the camera. According to Variety, the 32-year-old actor has been attached as a producer to "Afterburn".
Allegedly, the star of "The Cider House Rules" will co-produce the sci-fi adventure film through his Maguire Entertainment shingle. Hollywood Reporter further claimed that in producing the movie, Maguire will team up with Neal Moritz of Original Films production house. The movie news site also reported that scribblers for the adaptation have yet being listed.
Based on Red 5 Comics written by Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood, "Afterburn" follows the story of a band of treasure hunters as they faced rival hunters, mutants and pirates to obtain valuable artifacts, including the Mona Lisa, the Rosetta Stone and the Crown Jewels. The story is set a year following the destruction of Eastern Hemisphere by a massive solar flare.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna