'Spider-Man' Star Tobey Maguire to Tackle 'Afterburn'
The actor who portrayed Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man in the "Spider-Man" series Tobey Maguire has been reported to be tackling another comic book adaptation project, but this time he will take a role behind the camera. According to Variety, the 32-year-old actor has been attached as a producer to "Afterburn".
Allegedly, the star of "The Cider House Rules" will co-produce the sci-fi adventure film through his Maguire Entertainment shingle. Hollywood Reporter further claimed that in producing the movie, Maguire will team up with Neal Moritz of Original Films production house. The movie news site also reported that scribblers for the adaptation have yet being listed.
Based on Red 5 Comics written by Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood, "Afterburn" follows the story of a band of treasure hunters as they faced rival hunters, mutants and pirates to obtain valuable artifacts, including the Mona Lisa, the Rosetta Stone and the Crown Jewels. The story is set a year following the destruction of Eastern Hemisphere by a massive solar flare.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack