'Spider-Man' Star Tobey Maguire to Tackle 'Afterburn'
The actor who portrayed Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man in the "Spider-Man" series Tobey Maguire has been reported to be tackling another comic book adaptation project, but this time he will take a role behind the camera. According to Variety, the 32-year-old actor has been attached as a producer to "Afterburn".
Allegedly, the star of "The Cider House Rules" will co-produce the sci-fi adventure film through his Maguire Entertainment shingle. Hollywood Reporter further claimed that in producing the movie, Maguire will team up with Neal Moritz of Original Films production house. The movie news site also reported that scribblers for the adaptation have yet being listed.
Based on Red 5 Comics written by Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood, "Afterburn" follows the story of a band of treasure hunters as they faced rival hunters, mutants and pirates to obtain valuable artifacts, including the Mona Lisa, the Rosetta Stone and the Crown Jewels. The story is set a year following the destruction of Eastern Hemisphere by a massive solar flare.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single