'Spider-Man' Star Tobey Maguire to Tackle 'Afterburn'
The actor who portrayed Peter Parker as well as Spider-Man in the "Spider-Man" series Tobey Maguire has been reported to be tackling another comic book adaptation project, but this time he will take a role behind the camera. According to Variety, the 32-year-old actor has been attached as a producer to "Afterburn".
Allegedly, the star of "The Cider House Rules" will co-produce the sci-fi adventure film through his Maguire Entertainment shingle. Hollywood Reporter further claimed that in producing the movie, Maguire will team up with Neal Moritz of Original Films production house. The movie news site also reported that scribblers for the adaptation have yet being listed.
Based on Red 5 Comics written by Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood, "Afterburn" follows the story of a band of treasure hunters as they faced rival hunters, mutants and pirates to obtain valuable artifacts, including the Mona Lisa, the Rosetta Stone and the Crown Jewels. The story is set a year following the destruction of Eastern Hemisphere by a massive solar flare.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris