Usher's Rep Denied 'Love in This Club' On-Set Feud
Usher's "Love in This Club" music video may be highly-anticipated but there have been a lot of nasty stories behind it. A feud allegedly has occurred on the set, involving the singer's wife slash manager, Tameka Foster, choreographer Jamaica and the on-set love interest, Keri Hilson. Usher's manager, Benny Medina, however, was quick to response on this, saying that the shooting on the contrary went rather smoothly.
Sources were telling New York Post's Gossip Column PageSix that Tameka had messed up with how Keri should look in the video that eventually made her looking like an extra rather the love interest. "It was supposed to be a sexy video shoot, and Tameka was there the entire time guarding like a watchdog. It was ridiculous" the source said.
"Tameka is very insecure," the source continued. "Even in rehearsals she was weird and clearly not happy that Keri is so gorgeous. Tameka threw a lot of attitude. The day of the shoot, Tameka dressed Keri very badly - she looked like an extra. Tameka wouldn't let Keri have her hairdresser there - she had to use the hairdresser who was doing the extras."
Tameka is also claimed to have confronted the choreographer, Jamaica whom she has "disliked" and banned her from the set.
Denying all of this Medina sent an email to PageSix that is read: "Keri could not have been happier with Tameka's choices in the styling, hair and makeup... Jamaica was flown out and arrived a day late to do Keri's choreography, and was on-set at all times. The shoot itself went brilliantly."
The video was shot in Los Angeles on March 15 but no release date has been set yet. "Love in This Club" is taken from Usher's upcoming album "Here I Stand" that is due June. The single made the third largest jump on Billboard Hot 100 chart's 50 years of history by leaping from #51 straight to #1.
More Usher News
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors