ESPN Tapped Justin Timberlake to Host 16th Annual ESPY Awards
Justin Timberlake turns awards show host. The pop singer has been appointed by American cable television network ESPN to host its annual ESPY Awards show this summer.
No stranger to sport events, Justin will be in hand hosting the upcoming 16th annual ESPY Awards, slated to take place July 20 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre L.A. Live. The ceremony will be televised live on ESPN.
"I'm very excited to be hosting the 16th edition of the ESPYs. I can't wait for the day of the show as I'm truly a sports junkie," the singer said in a statement. "Since the last ESPYs, there have been amazing moments in sports, and I'm looking forward to recapping all of them with ESPN's diehard fans."
The annual ESPY Awards is meant to celebrate the best and brightest moments in sports over the past year as decided by fans, who can vote for their favorites online at espys.tv beginning on July 1.
Is a sports junkie himself, Justin has once performed at Super Bowls and Olympics. He, moreover, also hosted the PGA Tour's Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open.
Singing aside, Justin is an actor as well. He currently is in his hometown filming the comedy drama flick, "The Open Road", which also stars Jeff Bridges and Mary Steenburgen.
Justin recently made media headlines by giving two separate donations of $100,000 each to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum and the Memphis Music Foundation on Thursday, March 20.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?