Elizabeth Banks to Portray U.S. First Lady Laura Bush
Elizabeth Banks, the co-star of Tobey Maguire in "Seabiscuit" as well as in "Spider-Man" series, may be getting the honor to portray the forty-third U.S. First Lady in an upcoming biopic "W". According to Hollywood Reporter, the 34-year-old actress is in final talks to star as Laura Bush in the Oliver Stone's project.
Banks will be joining Josh Brolin who has already been on board to depict George W. Bush. It was reported further that if she indeed nails the role, the actress who has just finished shooting for "Zack and Miri Make a Porno" with Seth Rogen is going to start filming for the project in late April in Shreveport, Louisiana.
"W" will expose the life and presidency of the 43rd and current President of the United States George W. Bush. The film, which is written by Stone and his "Wall Street" co-writer Stanley Weiser, will see the three-time Academy Award-winning director Stone as the helmer as well.
More W News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance