Kelly Rowland Heading to Broadway
Is willing to follow in the footstep of her former Destiny's Child bandmate Michelle Williams (II) to invade the New York stage, Kelly Rowland slow but sure is making her way there. The R&B singer reportedly has instructed her manager, former bandmate Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles, and his team to help her land a role in a hit show.
Matthew, according to MediaTakeOut, has already contacted the producers of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" and "The Color Purple," with the producers of both stage-shows expressing interest in having Rowland join their casts. No decision has been made just yet.
Michelle Williams (II) has previously starred in the Broadway productions of "Aida" and "The Color Purple." As a part of Destiny's Child, she released such hits, as "Independent Woman Part I" (2000), "Bootylicious" (2001), and "Lose My Breath" (2004).
As of Rowland, her debut solo album "Simply Deep" (2002) became a commercial success soon following a series of commercially successful releases with Destiny's Child and a worldwide number-one success with rapper Nelly on their Grammy-winning single "Dilemma".
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes