Kelly Rowland Heading to Broadway
Is willing to follow in the footstep of her former Destiny's Child bandmate Michelle Williams (II) to invade the New York stage, Kelly Rowland slow but sure is making her way there. The R&B singer reportedly has instructed her manager, former bandmate Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles, and his team to help her land a role in a hit show.
Matthew, according to MediaTakeOut, has already contacted the producers of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" and "The Color Purple," with the producers of both stage-shows expressing interest in having Rowland join their casts. No decision has been made just yet.
Michelle Williams (II) has previously starred in the Broadway productions of "Aida" and "The Color Purple." As a part of Destiny's Child, she released such hits, as "Independent Woman Part I" (2000), "Bootylicious" (2001), and "Lose My Breath" (2004).
As of Rowland, her debut solo album "Simply Deep" (2002) became a commercial success soon following a series of commercially successful releases with Destiny's Child and a worldwide number-one success with rapper Nelly on their Grammy-winning single "Dilemma".
More Kelly Rowland News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'