Kelly Rowland Heading to Broadway
Is willing to follow in the footstep of her former Destiny's Child bandmate Michelle Williams (II) to invade the New York stage, Kelly Rowland slow but sure is making her way there. The R&B singer reportedly has instructed her manager, former bandmate Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles, and his team to help her land a role in a hit show.
Matthew, according to MediaTakeOut, has already contacted the producers of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" and "The Color Purple," with the producers of both stage-shows expressing interest in having Rowland join their casts. No decision has been made just yet.
Michelle Williams (II) has previously starred in the Broadway productions of "Aida" and "The Color Purple." As a part of Destiny's Child, she released such hits, as "Independent Woman Part I" (2000), "Bootylicious" (2001), and "Lose My Breath" (2004).
As of Rowland, her debut solo album "Simply Deep" (2002) became a commercial success soon following a series of commercially successful releases with Destiny's Child and a worldwide number-one success with rapper Nelly on their Grammy-winning single "Dilemma".
More Kelly Rowland News
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight