Kelly Rowland Heading to Broadway
Is willing to follow in the footstep of her former Destiny's Child bandmate Michelle Williams (II) to invade the New York stage, Kelly Rowland slow but sure is making her way there. The R&B singer reportedly has instructed her manager, former bandmate Beyonce Knowles' father Mathew Knowles, and his team to help her land a role in a hit show.
Matthew, according to MediaTakeOut, has already contacted the producers of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" and "The Color Purple," with the producers of both stage-shows expressing interest in having Rowland join their casts. No decision has been made just yet.
Michelle Williams (II) has previously starred in the Broadway productions of "Aida" and "The Color Purple." As a part of Destiny's Child, she released such hits, as "Independent Woman Part I" (2000), "Bootylicious" (2001), and "Lose My Breath" (2004).
As of Rowland, her debut solo album "Simply Deep" (2002) became a commercial success soon following a series of commercially successful releases with Destiny's Child and a worldwide number-one success with rapper Nelly on their Grammy-winning single "Dilemma".
More Kelly Rowland News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby