Fabolous Wants Britney Spears On Board His Concept LP
Employing similar approach to Jay-Z's "American Gangster", New York rapper Fabolous is set to record a concept album that is inspired by a certain movie which title is not yet revealed. Should the recording goes smoothly, the album can be expected to hit the street in August this year with the first single taking impact as early as May.
"I'mma put a theme together and just go off of that theme," Fab told MTV. "Sometimes producers get lost trying to figure out what they think is the best type of sh** for Fab. (They say,) 'I got this commercial joint for you.' So what I'm doing now, I seen a movie I want to theme the album after. Even take certain lines, different scenes out of the movie and make music behind that. At the same time, I can have the producer check the movie out, and he'll have something he can take away from the movie and come back with some joints. I wanted to try that this time."
Fab in fact, has got some names he wants to rope in for this album. Those including Kanye West, Just Blaze, Polow Da Don, and DJ Toomp are eyed in the production panel while Britney Spears and Ne-Yo are wanted as collaborators. "I didn't get to kick it with (Britney), but the people from her record label was on top of that," Fab said. "I don't know what condition Britney is in right now. Hopefully - more power to her - she'll get in a better space and position. Somebody needs to sit her down, let her know what the deal is."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'