Justin Timberlake Gives Back to Hometown, in Big Way
It appears that Justin Timberlake is in his best giving mood these days. In addition to giving his actress girlfriend Jessica Biel a $50,000 necklace from exclusive jeweler H Stern, the pop star has also made donation to organizations in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee.
Justin has on Thursday, March 20, made two separate donations of $100,000 each to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum and the Memphis Music Foundation. He said he donated the money because both music education and keeping Memphis' music legacy vibrant are important to him.
"Music education and keeping the legacy of Memphis Music alive has always been important to me," Justin said in a statement. "That is why I will always continue to support my home town the same way they have always supported me."
The Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum will utilize the gift to further achieve its mission of "telling the story of Memphis music and perpetuating its legacy" and to advance music education for students throughout Shelby County.
"Like musicians around the globe, he has always recognized the musical magic of this city, and he has never stopped promoting it," Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Executive Director John Doyle said about Justin. "He has never stopped giving back to the community, to the local music industry, and to young people. The museum is honored by his generosity, honored by his recognition of the museum's message, and honored that he is from Memphis."
Justin was born in Memphis and grew up in Millington. Since rising to super stardom as an award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actor, he has continued to promote and support his hometown, including making an earlier donation to E.E. Jeter Elementary School, which he attended, to support music education.
He currently is in his hometown filming the comedy drama flick, "The Open Road", which also stars Jeff Bridges and Mary Steenburgen.
More Justin Timberlake News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child