Justin Timberlake Gives Back to Hometown, in Big Way
It appears that Justin Timberlake is in his best giving mood these days. In addition to giving his actress girlfriend Jessica Biel a $50,000 necklace from exclusive jeweler H Stern, the pop star has also made donation to organizations in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee.
Justin has on Thursday, March 20, made two separate donations of $100,000 each to the Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum and the Memphis Music Foundation. He said he donated the money because both music education and keeping Memphis' music legacy vibrant are important to him.
"Music education and keeping the legacy of Memphis Music alive has always been important to me," Justin said in a statement. "That is why I will always continue to support my home town the same way they have always supported me."
The Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum will utilize the gift to further achieve its mission of "telling the story of Memphis music and perpetuating its legacy" and to advance music education for students throughout Shelby County.
"Like musicians around the globe, he has always recognized the musical magic of this city, and he has never stopped promoting it," Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Executive Director John Doyle said about Justin. "He has never stopped giving back to the community, to the local music industry, and to young people. The museum is honored by his generosity, honored by his recognition of the museum's message, and honored that he is from Memphis."
Justin was born in Memphis and grew up in Millington. Since rising to super stardom as an award-winning singer, songwriter, producer and actor, he has continued to promote and support his hometown, including making an earlier donation to E.E. Jeter Elementary School, which he attended, to support music education.
He currently is in his hometown filming the comedy drama flick, "The Open Road", which also stars Jeff Bridges and Mary Steenburgen.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery