Johnny Knoxville's Divorce from Wife of Twelve Years Finalized
It's official. Johnny Knoxville and his wife of twelve years Melanie Lynn Clapp are officially singles again in the eyes of the law. The couple had their divorce finalized on March 20, according to court documents obtained by E! News.
Several issues including spousal and child support, as well as custody of their 11-year-old daughter, Madison, were still being worked out. Though so, the documents stated that until the outstanding issues are dealt with, Knoxville must cover the family with health and medical insurance.
Johnny and Melanie exchanged vows on May 15, 1995. In 1996 they welcomed the arrival of daughter Madison.
In February 2007, a representative for Johnny confirmed that the actor and Melanie "have been separated." In the divorce petition he filed July the same year, Johnny, who is famous for his portrayal in the MTV series "Jackass", cited irreconcilable differences for the split.
The papers stated that the separation date was noted back on July 17, 2006. There was no prenup and Johnny sought a joint custody of 11-year-old daughter Madison.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now