Will Smith Tackling 'Last Pharaoh'?
Will Smith, the Academy Award-nominated actor for his exceptional portrayal of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali in "Ali", has been reported to be eyeing a new feature film project entitled "The Last Pharaoh". According to Sun Media, the 39-year-old actor has obtained the script to the epic-Egyptian-film project through his production company Overbrook Entertaiment.
To the publication, Chris Hauty, the "Never Back Down" screenwriter who is said to be giving the finishing touch to the script written by Carl Franklin revealed that the star of blockbuster movie "I Am Legend" has put his interest to the script. "It's an open writing assignment from Will's company," he explained. "It's something he's taken a big interest in." Additionally, it has yet to be known whether Smith will star in the film or not.
Reportedly, the film project tells about the last Pharaoh of the Nubian Dynasty, Taharqa who is involved in a battle with the Assyrians to claim the throne of Amun-Ra. Taharqa is one of the Egyptian rulers who is of black Ethiopian decent. Though the project is entitled, "Last Pharaoh", the last Pharaoh in reality is Cleopatra VII.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked