Will Smith Tackling 'Last Pharaoh'?
Will Smith, the Academy Award-nominated actor for his exceptional portrayal of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali in "Ali", has been reported to be eyeing a new feature film project entitled "The Last Pharaoh". According to Sun Media, the 39-year-old actor has obtained the script to the epic-Egyptian-film project through his production company Overbrook Entertaiment.
To the publication, Chris Hauty, the "Never Back Down" screenwriter who is said to be giving the finishing touch to the script written by Carl Franklin revealed that the star of blockbuster movie "I Am Legend" has put his interest to the script. "It's an open writing assignment from Will's company," he explained. "It's something he's taken a big interest in." Additionally, it has yet to be known whether Smith will star in the film or not.
Reportedly, the film project tells about the last Pharaoh of the Nubian Dynasty, Taharqa who is involved in a battle with the Assyrians to claim the throne of Amun-Ra. Taharqa is one of the Egyptian rulers who is of black Ethiopian decent. Though the project is entitled, "Last Pharaoh", the last Pharaoh in reality is Cleopatra VII.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl