Jamie Lee Curtis Posed Topless for AARP The Magazine
Aging but still agile, Jamie Lee Curtis went shirtless to pose for AARP (American Associated Of Retired Persons) The Magazine. The actress, who was initially known as a "scream queen" because of her starring roles in many horror films early in her career, is on the cover of the May-June issue of the publication in a bid to help promote healthier body images for older women.
Curtis, who will turn 50 by November later this year, is shown in the magazine cover exposing her shoulders in a swimming pool and sporting gray hair. She told AARP that she wants to convince women that they will be their most beautiful if they take care of their bodies and age naturally.
"I want to be older. I actually think there's an incredible amount of self-knowledge that comes with getting older," Curtis explained. "I feel way better now than I did when I was 20. I'm stronger, I'm smarter in every way."
She then went on saying, "I started a really healthy way of eating, just avoiding things that I had been shoving in my mouth. Over the course of a year, I dropped about 20lb. Now, I get up every day filled with energy. I play tennis three times a week, and I do yoga."
On her gray hair, Curtis said, "I've let my hair go gray. I wear only black and white. Every year I buy three or four black dresses that I just keep in rotation. I own one pair of blue jeans. I've given away all my jewelry, because I don't wear it."
AARP The Magazine's May/June issue hits the newsstand Monday, March 24.
More Jamie Lee Curtis News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery