LL Cool J Signed an 'Unbelievable' 15-Year -Old to His Label
LL Cool J has spotted diamond in the rough inside a 15-year-old called Nicolette. The NYC rapper believes that she has what it takes to be a superstar and therefore is signing her to his Platinum Harvest label. Consequently, Nicolette will be the first signed artist under the new label.
"I would put her on a record with anybody and see what they think as far as competition," Cool gushed. "She's unbelievable. She's a star, not just somebody spitting bars in my face... She can rap... She's the truth." Cool once introduced Foxy Brown who was featured on his "I Shot Ya" hit.
Cool himself will release a studio album, possibly his last from Def Jam, this year. He recently made headlines when he said that former Def Jam CEO Jay-Z might not be so great running the label. He said, "It's been a great business for him, but it has been not so great for a lot of the artists that were there (Def Jam) previously. We have to be very careful when we talk about it because, for some strange reason, his fans... start thinking, like, you're hating when you're just being real."
Meanwhile, Cool is also developing a TV series with CSI: Crime Scene Investigation creator Anthony Zuiker which will be tentatively titled "The Man". He is slated to produce as well as star in the show which release date is still kept under wrap.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3