LL Cool J Signed an 'Unbelievable' 15-Year -Old to His Label
LL Cool J has spotted diamond in the rough inside a 15-year-old called Nicolette. The NYC rapper believes that she has what it takes to be a superstar and therefore is signing her to his Platinum Harvest label. Consequently, Nicolette will be the first signed artist under the new label.
"I would put her on a record with anybody and see what they think as far as competition," Cool gushed. "She's unbelievable. She's a star, not just somebody spitting bars in my face... She can rap... She's the truth." Cool once introduced Foxy Brown who was featured on his "I Shot Ya" hit.
Cool himself will release a studio album, possibly his last from Def Jam, this year. He recently made headlines when he said that former Def Jam CEO Jay-Z might not be so great running the label. He said, "It's been a great business for him, but it has been not so great for a lot of the artists that were there (Def Jam) previously. We have to be very careful when we talk about it because, for some strange reason, his fans... start thinking, like, you're hating when you're just being real."
Meanwhile, Cool is also developing a TV series with CSI: Crime Scene Investigation creator Anthony Zuiker which will be tentatively titled "The Man". He is slated to produce as well as star in the show which release date is still kept under wrap.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes