LL Cool J Signed an 'Unbelievable' 15-Year -Old to His Label
LL Cool J has spotted diamond in the rough inside a 15-year-old called Nicolette. The NYC rapper believes that she has what it takes to be a superstar and therefore is signing her to his Platinum Harvest label. Consequently, Nicolette will be the first signed artist under the new label.
"I would put her on a record with anybody and see what they think as far as competition," Cool gushed. "She's unbelievable. She's a star, not just somebody spitting bars in my face... She can rap... She's the truth." Cool once introduced Foxy Brown who was featured on his "I Shot Ya" hit.
Cool himself will release a studio album, possibly his last from Def Jam, this year. He recently made headlines when he said that former Def Jam CEO Jay-Z might not be so great running the label. He said, "It's been a great business for him, but it has been not so great for a lot of the artists that were there (Def Jam) previously. We have to be very careful when we talk about it because, for some strange reason, his fans... start thinking, like, you're hating when you're just being real."
Meanwhile, Cool is also developing a TV series with CSI: Crime Scene Investigation creator Anthony Zuiker which will be tentatively titled "The Man". He is slated to produce as well as star in the show which release date is still kept under wrap.
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC