'Nanny McPhee' Star to Be Tapped as Tintin?
The depicter of naughty but clever Simon Brown in "Nanny McPhee" Thomas Sangster has been reported to be landing an important role in the feature film series to be directed by Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson. According to Daily Mail, the 17-year-old actor is going to be cast as the titular character in "Tintin" trilogy.
Allegedly, the co-star of Irish actor Liam Neeson in "Love Actually" has flown to Los Angeles to do test sequences for both directors on the film's pre-production. Though the aspiring actor's agent refused to give direct comment on the speculations, a film executive working with Sangster revealed that it is more likely that he would be cast. "Thomas seems to be the one," said the executive. "He was just great, but I'm not certain if anything has been finalised yet."
On related news to "Tintin", it was rumored that "Titanic" and "Avatar" helmer James Cameron might be signed to direct the third film as Spielberg has been set to helm the first and Jackson the second. Further, despite the fact that Andy Serkis, the actor who has been cast as Captain Haddock, has revealed the order of the first two films' directors, speculations stating that Spielberg and Jackson may be collaborating for the films are still circulating.
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump