Converse Launching Kurt Cobain-Inspired Footwear Line
Kurt Cobain gets his own Converse shoe. The late musician is about to be commemorated in a series of shoes created by the footwear manufacturer which has been making shoes since the early 20th century.
Converse's Cobain-inspired shoes will feature the music legend's name, lyrics, writing and signature. The shoes, moreover, will also feature select drawings and writings first published in 2002's Journals scrawled on them.
The footwear line, inspired by the Nirvana frontman, is being launched to help celebrate Converse's 100th birthday. Cobain's widow Courtney Love has approved the product, it has been claimed.
Cobain was wearing a pair of black Converse One Tops shoes when he shot himself dead in April 1994 at his home in Seattle, Washington. Besides Converse, Love has also allowed the National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) to print Cobain's pictures on their products, which include toy dolls, lunch boxes and a key chain among others.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences