Title Revealed, 'Justice League' Facing Another Setback?
Apparently, troubles still refuse to shy away from "Justice League of America". The superhero flick, which is said to be titled "Justice League Mortal", has been faced with another problem that is jeopardizing the film's production. According to Sydney Morning Herald, the George Miller-directed action adventure film is more likely to leave the Australian production studios due to financial problem.
SMH further reported that there are 90% chance that the filming won't be done in Australia because the film's director George Miller was enraged with the Australian Federal Government's decision on refusing to give out the 40% refundable tax compensation. "A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the Australian film industry is being frittered away because of very lazy thinking," Miller commented on the decision. "If that's going to be the final decision, they're throwing away hundreds of millions of dollars of investment that the rest of the world is competing for and, much more significantly, highly skilled creative jobs."
Allegedly, the appeal for tax rebate was denied because the $200 million film tells an American story and will be using American accent too. However, Miller, who is a native Australian, rebutted the reason stating that the motive behind the appeal was to boost the Australian film industry stating, "It feels to me like I'm not fighting for this film. I'm fighting for the Australian film industry."
Earlier, the fate of "Justice League" has been put on indefinite hold because of the long-going writers' strike. However, by the last week of February 2008 as the writers' strike resolved, the film which is rumored to be starred by Megan Gale, Adam Brody and Teresa Palmer went back on its track. The film was even being pushed ahead of its 2010 release schedule to 2009. It has yet known whether the problems with the rebate will influence the production of the Warner Bros. Pictures' film.
More Justice League News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police