Jet Li and Jackie Chan Re-Teaming for Another Movie?
Though their latest action film "The Forbidden Kingdom" has yet to open in the theaters, it has been rumored that the two top Asian action stars, Jet Li and Jackie Chan are planning to collaborate their acts once again for another movie. According to The Associated Press, following their first teaming up in "Kingdom", both Li and Chan revealed their desire to work together again at a Hong Kong news conference on Tuesday, March 18 to promote the Lions Gate Films' movie.
Hinting on the possibility of them reteaming in another film, Chan, who gathered recognition from Hollywood though 1995's "Rumble in the Bronx" as well as "Rush Hour" series, revealed that he and Li had so much fun filming for the Rob Minkoff-directed film that they didn't want the fun to be ended there. "The first day we started filming, it felt like we had worked together for many years," he said, "after filming this movie, we didn't have enough fun." Though refusing to give out further details about their second collaboration, AP reported that the kungfu movies' stars have planned to make another movie together based on a script which they have started working on 15 years ago.
Meanwhile, their upcoming film "Kingdom" is an English-language movie shot in China about a kungfu obsessed American teenager who unexpectedly sent to ancient China after finding an antique Chinese staff. There, he meets Drunken Master Lu Yan, Silent Monk and kungfu beauty Golden Sparrow who help him to return the staff to the owner. The film is set to bow in North American theaters on April 18 and in Asia on April 24, whereas the trailer can be seen on its trailer page at AceShowbiz.
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat