'Ugly Betty' Star America Ferrera Lending Voice for 'Dragon'
The star of the hit drama comedy television series "Ugly Betty" America Ferrera has been tapped to lend her voice for animation film "How to Train Your Dragon". According to Variety, the 23-year-old actress has been cast along with Gerard Butler, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Christopher Mintz-Plasse for the DreamWorks' project.
The co-star of Alexis Bledel in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" will be giving voice to the character known as Astrid, the girl who helps the leading character in taming dragon. Meanwhile her co-stars, Baruchel, Hill, Mintz-Plasse and Butler, will each voice Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, a bully, Snotlout, big but dumb Viking, Fishlegs, and Hiccup's father, Stoick the Vast. In the adventure fantasy film, she will also work with director Peter Hastings.
Based on Cressida Cowell's first novel, "Dragon" followed the story of Hiccup, lanky teenage Viking who has to capture and train a dragon for his tribe's initiation. The film will be DreamWorks' second movie to be made in 3-D following "Shrek Goes Fourth". It was originally set to bow in theaters on November 20, 2009, but the schedule has been pushed back to March 26, 2010.
More How to Train Your Dragon News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri