'Ugly Betty' Star America Ferrera Lending Voice for 'Dragon'
The star of the hit drama comedy television series "Ugly Betty" America Ferrera has been tapped to lend her voice for animation film "How to Train Your Dragon". According to Variety, the 23-year-old actress has been cast along with Gerard Butler, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel and Christopher Mintz-Plasse for the DreamWorks' project.
The co-star of Alexis Bledel in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" will be giving voice to the character known as Astrid, the girl who helps the leading character in taming dragon. Meanwhile her co-stars, Baruchel, Hill, Mintz-Plasse and Butler, will each voice Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, a bully, Snotlout, big but dumb Viking, Fishlegs, and Hiccup's father, Stoick the Vast. In the adventure fantasy film, she will also work with director Peter Hastings.
Based on Cressida Cowell's first novel, "Dragon" followed the story of Hiccup, lanky teenage Viking who has to capture and train a dragon for his tribe's initiation. The film will be DreamWorks' second movie to be made in 3-D following "Shrek Goes Fourth". It was originally set to bow in theaters on November 20, 2009, but the schedule has been pushed back to March 26, 2010.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding