Elton John Aiding Hillary Clinton With a Concert
Elton John will keep it nice and square when he goes out there to perform for president hopeful, Hillary Clinton. The British singer will raise money for her presidential campaign through a "one night only" gig at New York's Radio City Music Hall on April 9.
"I'm not a politician, but I believe in the work that Hillary Clinton does," Elton said. This would be his first solo appearance in 8 years following his October 2000 performance without his band at Madison Square Garden. Tickets will go on sale on Wednesday, March 18, ranging from $125 to $2,300. For those who donate more than $10,000, they will get a chance to meet Elton, Hillary and her husband Bill Clinton in a private session.
"There is nothing I like better than throwing a party for a good friend," Elton wrote in an e-mail. "Will you come out to support my friend Hillary Clinton at a special, one-night-only solo concert in New York? I promise this will be one night that you won't want to miss."
Hillary who is a former first lady, also conducted a fundraiser for herself in celebration of her 60th birthday in October last year. Among those attending the event held at New York's Beacon Theater were actor Billy Crystal, musician Elvis Costello and band The Wallflowers. They managed to generate 1.5 million dollars.
- Linkin Park Nabs Sixth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'One More Light'
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie