David Beckham Channels Indiana Jones in New Ad Campaign for Pepsi, the Video
David Beckham turns into action hero in a new TV advert for soft drink Pepsi. The soccer star is teaming up with some other world's biggest football stars for the multimillion-pound sterling advertisement which is meant to promote a new social networking Website "pepsi.youniverse.com" that allows users to set up their own profile, features a behind-the-scenes video of the making of the ad, with commentary from all the footballers.
Beckham is featured in the ad as a dead ringer for Indiana Jones and later trades in the hat and jacket for a beach scene in the so-called "Nowhere" where he hands out bottles of Pepsi to his dream team mates. He and the likes of Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi, and Frank Lampard are all featured in the ad kicking the ball around a series of exotic locations, from China to the moon. The dream team then end up on a remote beach called "Nowhere."
The ad campaign will be rolled out in stages, kicking off Monday, March 17 in Europe followed by the U.K. next month.
In addition to those football stars, PepsiCo International is planning to add other celebrities, including musicians, to the social networking site in the coming months due to the soft drinks giant's intention to focus its advertisement on specific themes such as music and "hopes and dreams" this year.
Watch the full version of the new Pepsi commercial in the video below.
More David Beckham News
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos