David Beckham Channels Indiana Jones in New Ad Campaign for Pepsi, the Video
David Beckham turns into action hero in a new TV advert for soft drink Pepsi. The soccer star is teaming up with some other world's biggest football stars for the multimillion-pound sterling advertisement which is meant to promote a new social networking Website "pepsi.youniverse.com" that allows users to set up their own profile, features a behind-the-scenes video of the making of the ad, with commentary from all the footballers.
Beckham is featured in the ad as a dead ringer for Indiana Jones and later trades in the hat and jacket for a beach scene in the so-called "Nowhere" where he hands out bottles of Pepsi to his dream team mates. He and the likes of Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho, Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi, and Frank Lampard are all featured in the ad kicking the ball around a series of exotic locations, from China to the moon. The dream team then end up on a remote beach called "Nowhere."
The ad campaign will be rolled out in stages, kicking off Monday, March 17 in Europe followed by the U.K. next month.
In addition to those football stars, PepsiCo International is planning to add other celebrities, including musicians, to the social networking site in the coming months due to the soft drinks giant's intention to focus its advertisement on specific themes such as music and "hopes and dreams" this year.
Watch the full version of the new Pepsi commercial in the video below.
More David Beckham News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation