Ashlee Simpson's 'Bittersweet' Album Found a Release Date
Ashlee Simpson has let out a release date for her often-delayed album, "Bittersweet World". The third album from the pop singer will be in stores on April 22 with the first single to be "Little Miss Obsessive" featuring Tom Higgenson, Billboard.com reported.
Although the Timbaland-produced song "Out of My Head (Ay Ya Ya)" was released prior to "Obsessive", the latter is said to be the official first single from the Geffen album. "Outta" found a hard time on the chart but doing moderate on its digital download with 177,000 hits according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Obsessive" itself is nowhere found on the Billboard chart up to the news hour.
Simpson has revealed that she blends the '80s sound to this album with the help of Timbaland and The Neptunes' Chad Hugo. "I almost wish I lived my 20s in the '80s," said Simpson, who was born in 1984. "A lot of the record is a bit cheeky. Sometimes I'm writing about something serious, but it was fun for me to kind of goof around as well."
She has been promoting the album with radio talks and in-store appearances. She is slated to perform at Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards on March 29 and do a couple more before embarking on a summer tour in support of the album.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics