Ashlee Simpson's 'Bittersweet' Album Found a Release Date
Ashlee Simpson has let out a release date for her often-delayed album, "Bittersweet World". The third album from the pop singer will be in stores on April 22 with the first single to be "Little Miss Obsessive" featuring Tom Higgenson, Billboard.com reported.
Although the Timbaland-produced song "Out of My Head (Ay Ya Ya)" was released prior to "Obsessive", the latter is said to be the official first single from the Geffen album. "Outta" found a hard time on the chart but doing moderate on its digital download with 177,000 hits according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Obsessive" itself is nowhere found on the Billboard chart up to the news hour.
Simpson has revealed that she blends the '80s sound to this album with the help of Timbaland and The Neptunes' Chad Hugo. "I almost wish I lived my 20s in the '80s," said Simpson, who was born in 1984. "A lot of the record is a bit cheeky. Sometimes I'm writing about something serious, but it was fun for me to kind of goof around as well."
She has been promoting the album with radio talks and in-store appearances. She is slated to perform at Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards on March 29 and do a couple more before embarking on a summer tour in support of the album.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women