Ashlee Simpson's 'Bittersweet' Album Found a Release Date
Ashlee Simpson has let out a release date for her often-delayed album, "Bittersweet World". The third album from the pop singer will be in stores on April 22 with the first single to be "Little Miss Obsessive" featuring Tom Higgenson, Billboard.com reported.
Although the Timbaland-produced song "Out of My Head (Ay Ya Ya)" was released prior to "Obsessive", the latter is said to be the official first single from the Geffen album. "Outta" found a hard time on the chart but doing moderate on its digital download with 177,000 hits according to Nielsen SoundScan. "Obsessive" itself is nowhere found on the Billboard chart up to the news hour.
Simpson has revealed that she blends the '80s sound to this album with the help of Timbaland and The Neptunes' Chad Hugo. "I almost wish I lived my 20s in the '80s," said Simpson, who was born in 1984. "A lot of the record is a bit cheeky. Sometimes I'm writing about something serious, but it was fun for me to kind of goof around as well."
She has been promoting the album with radio talks and in-store appearances. She is slated to perform at Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards on March 29 and do a couple more before embarking on a summer tour in support of the album.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival