Film Feared to Be Lampooning Hinduism, 'Love Guru' Makers Agreed Special Screening
Answering to the screening demand from prominent Hindu leader Rajan Zed, the filmmakers of the upcoming comedy "The Love Guru" let out clarification that the movie is not aimed to offend anybody's feelings, particularly Hindu followers and leaders. Further, Punjab Newsline reported that Paramount Pictures have agreed to screen the film for Hindu leaders to clear up the misunderstanding.
In an official statement made on Monday, March 17, the Senior Vice President National Publicity of Paramount Pictures Jessica Rovins revealed that everyone involved are intending to preview the Marco Schnabel-directed film to the Hindu leaders. The statement read, "Along with Mike Myers, the film stars Jessica Alba, Verne Troyer, Justin Timberlake, Romany Malco, Deepak Chopra and Manu Narayan (who comes from a Hindu background). It is our full intention to screen the film for Rajan Zed and other Hindu leaders in the U.S. once we have a finished print."
The Hindu News reported that Rovins, who is also the film's publicist, also noted down that the film is a comedy movie which purpose is merely to entertain and not to lampoon Hinduism. Quoted by Punjab, she wrote in the statement, "The Love Guru - which is still in post-production - is a satire created in the same spirit as Austin Powers."
The clarification came after Zed who is the president of Universal Society of Hinduism (USH) demanded that "Guru" has to be shown to Hindu representatives before it is released in the theaters on June 20 reasoning that the details given about the film appears to be mocking the religion as well as using Hindu terms foolishly. "I was deeply concerned after watching the trailer," Zed says. "It appears to be lampooning Hinduism. Hindu terms are also used frivolously. It perpetuates stereotypes of Hindus" On receiving the response from Paramount, he stated, "I do have an email response from Paramount. But we have to wait and watch."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory