Amy Winehouse Unwell and Cancel Gig, Again
Amy Winehouse has returned to her old habit of canceling a performance without clear reason. The jazz singer pulled out of a gig intended for industry executives at a Universal Music event on March 10 due to unspecified "illness".
She was initially due to play a 30-minutes gig but eventually was a no-show at the Hertfordshore's Grove Hotel performance, citing that she was unwell. The British singer who broke through American market through her 2007 album "Back to Black", was heavily criticized for her absence of scheduled gigs last year. She was subsequently admitted to rehab late last year and made her first public performance at the Grammy Awards in February via satellite from London.
Meanwhile, Winehouse who is battling addiction to drugs receives a piece of advise from fellow musician Keith Richards who was also infamous for his drugs using. The Rolling Stones guitarist told Mail on Sunday that drugs got in the way of his band so Winehouse should probably take the cue.
He shared, "It completely took over our lives creatively and we couldn't do this and couldn't do that. You had to spend all your time trying to deal with the police. The same thing has happened to Amy Winehouse. That girl isn't going to be around long unless she sorts herself out pretty quick. Amy's got to get smart. I'm not a preacher. But I've been there and you have to pass it on."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie