Mariah Carey Made Guest Judge on American Idol
Mariah Carey has been confirmed to join the judges panel on American Idol this week. Fox news reported that the appearance is part of the singer's campaign for her forthcoming eleventh studio album "E=MC²".
American Idol, judged by Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson, is entering the seventh season this year, with 11 contestants remaining following the elimination of David Hernandez last week. The show often invites musicians from all kind of music genres to sit with the original judges to make comments on the finalists' performances.
Beside the reality show, Carey is busied with the polishing of "E=MC²" before its due date on April 15. Still according to Fox News, she is back to Los Angeles this week to re-work on one or two tracks. Carey said that one of them will be "very old school R&B."
On Saturday, March 15 Carey replaced Janet Jackson who was too ill to perform on Saturday Night Live. She carried out "Touch My Body", the first single from her new album plus a collaboration with T-Pain called "Migrate" which is expected to be the second single.
Mariah Carey on SNL Performing "Migrate" With T-Pain:
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7