Mariah Carey Made Guest Judge on American Idol
Mariah Carey has been confirmed to join the judges panel on American Idol this week. Fox news reported that the appearance is part of the singer's campaign for her forthcoming eleventh studio album "E=MC²".
American Idol, judged by Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson, is entering the seventh season this year, with 11 contestants remaining following the elimination of David Hernandez last week. The show often invites musicians from all kind of music genres to sit with the original judges to make comments on the finalists' performances.
Beside the reality show, Carey is busied with the polishing of "E=MC²" before its due date on April 15. Still according to Fox News, she is back to Los Angeles this week to re-work on one or two tracks. Carey said that one of them will be "very old school R&B."
On Saturday, March 15 Carey replaced Janet Jackson who was too ill to perform on Saturday Night Live. She carried out "Touch My Body", the first single from her new album plus a collaboration with T-Pain called "Migrate" which is expected to be the second single.
Mariah Carey on SNL Performing "Migrate" With T-Pain:
More Mariah Carey News
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik