Mariah Carey Made Guest Judge on American Idol
Mariah Carey has been confirmed to join the judges panel on American Idol this week. Fox news reported that the appearance is part of the singer's campaign for her forthcoming eleventh studio album "E=MC²".
American Idol, judged by Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson, is entering the seventh season this year, with 11 contestants remaining following the elimination of David Hernandez last week. The show often invites musicians from all kind of music genres to sit with the original judges to make comments on the finalists' performances.
Beside the reality show, Carey is busied with the polishing of "E=MC²" before its due date on April 15. Still according to Fox News, she is back to Los Angeles this week to re-work on one or two tracks. Carey said that one of them will be "very old school R&B."
On Saturday, March 15 Carey replaced Janet Jackson who was too ill to perform on Saturday Night Live. She carried out "Touch My Body", the first single from her new album plus a collaboration with T-Pain called "Migrate" which is expected to be the second single.
Mariah Carey on SNL Performing "Migrate" With T-Pain:
More Mariah Carey News
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34